Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This morning at work

I have visited a new park this past "bank holiday" or "puente", but today the weather is so lovely I am going to celebrate spring again. I will save the park post for another day.


As some of you know I teach English as well as trying to get my own little business off of the ground. This year I am with a new company, with a better schedule and all of my classes happen in one "district".

I like my students, I love being able to create my own classes and the hours are not bad. The only drawback is that it is an hour long commute on the metro and I have to change trains 3 times (each way).


Today there was a strike of metro workers, because apparently some Olympic comity is visting Madrid to look over it's infrastructure. Usually I am able to avoid using the metro during peak hours, but not today.


I have never felt to claustrophobic in my life. I was literally pushed on the the train by a wave of people and the only thing I had to be grateful about was the fact that the person who was forced to touch me inappropriately was a woman.


It took me several minutes to calm down afterwards, and the beauty of the landscaping at my "office" helped. I hope you like it too.







1 comment:

  1. Well worth the nasty train ride ? I think yes !!! You are creating a great life there in Madrid Kay, and I'm always happy to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete