Friday, April 11, 2014

Elation


Every once in a while I get this magical feeling that it is ok to enjoy the little things. To not care about what people are think of me and to do what I really want to do. In theses magical moments I feel carefree like singing and dancing. I wish I knew how to bring about this mentality on purpose because I am convinced the secret of life is to find as many moments like these as possible.


This feeling is like being in love for the first time. Everything is magical, fresh, bright and new. The sky is bluer and plants are greener, the people smile instead of glower at you when you pass. You feel so full of happiness that you want to pass it to every person you meet.




I am an uptight person. I believe firmly in the rules of my own personal culture and because most of the world does not I am generally unhappy with most of humanity. I have no idea how much up my ridged uptight personality is from my upbringing in US culture and how much is simply me, but I know that it is a combination of both. Sometimes I wonder if the reason that I see all of these expats around me enjoy this country more than me is simply because they are younger that they can let go of their cultural identity easier. As I have said in a previous post what seems like outright rudeness can just be a perspective of culture.


On these days where the magical feeling happens I can accept people for who they are and believe in my heart that they can accept me too.


These photos are from my morning walk in the park, where I was pleasantly surprised that my favorite flower (lilac) was already in bloom.


I felt that I had to rush home and try to capture this feeling of elation in a blog post. For later today  deliver bad news might be delivered. Maybe not. Live in the moment people, we only have the one life.




2 comments:

  1. What a sage and hopeful post from you today ! I could have never guessed you to be 'uptight' as you point out, you surely don't come across that way. As for keeping on to a sense of elation, I have found that it is definitely connected to a feeling of not caring what others thing, which may be more of a maturing/growing/aging thing than a cultural. Idon't know.. how could I ... I am as provincial as they come ! :) lol

    xxJen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jen I have definitely gotten less uptight the more I live here. The Spanish do not sweat the small things like most Americans do. However I believe what you say about me gaining wisdom as I age. :)

    ReplyDelete