Wednesday, May 15, 2013

San Isidro

Every providence in Spain has there own Festiva, their own Saint's day. Madrids is today, May 15th San Isidro (Spanish link). This ex-pat's blog goes into way more detail than I will, and is in English, so if you are curious to know more, go have a look.

I am not going to go downtown today, as there is a metro strike. But what I will bring to you are some photos I just went across the street to my park and shyly snapped. There are not up to my usual standards, but this is a very small barrio festival, and while I spotted one other foreigner  I was the only one taking pictures. I am lucky enough to live directly across from a beautiful park, Parque de Calero Where this is taking place. I can not help but to hear the festival music drifting through my balcony door. Oh and did I mention that it smells like sweet roasted nuts and smoked sausage, num.

I went, took some photos, and a small video of the small parade and came home. Maybe later I will venture and try some of the food and buy some crafty things.


There are beer tents

A dragon gards overs the tapas and sausages for sale

Fun for the kids too

Another beer tent with hanging jamón and sausages

Booths with crafts, food, and liquor for sale



No comments:

Post a Comment