Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Inspired to stitch - Mr X Stitch

If you do not know about the Mr X Stitch blog you should go over and have a look. 
The blog showcases the unexpected side of needle craft. The images can be shocking, evocative and thought provoking. It is like going to a museum from the comfort of your armchair. If you want a 5 minute tour of what you can expect on the blog, they put together this great video, which I got off the FB page:


I have been honored to have my work showcased on this blog twice now. The first time was a look at the portrait of a cat I made last year in a feature called Too Cute for Tuesday. (Click to enlarge.) He is my sister-in-laws cat, and is, indeed, cute.


Today's Mr X Stitch post is about location, and here is the question I had to answer. 

My question: Tell me about a time the inspiration to create a stitched piece came to you from a sense of place. This could be a physical location in the world or an experience of internal geography. (A city, a bus stop, a room, a journey, a particular experience in the world, etc.) What was the location and what did you make? Tell me about your process.



 I choose to talk about my sunset pieces. To find out for yourself how they were inspired by location click here and find out for yourself.

Two of the three sunsets are available in my Etsy shop, if you are inspired to own one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so you *are* a recognized contemporary artist !!! See, here, all this time, I assumed you were completely undiscovered, and I am now so happy that your art is out there and people are seeing it. This Arizona landscape is well illustrated in your stained glass felt, I've never seen anything quite so unique and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! I should get you to record that and I would play back to myself on days I feel blue. :)

    ReplyDelete