Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Missing home

I have moved to Spain - for some reason that makes me want to start a blog HAHA. I have lived in Madrid for exactly four weeks as of today, and everything is so new and different here I find myself want to journal my thoughts and experiences.

Maybe blogging in my native tongue will alleviate some of my homes sickness. This is a wonderful city that I live in, but it does not feel like 'home' yet.

How often over the past five years have I burned with desire to move to Europe? How often did I long to be able to use public transportation to get around, to live in a 'greener' city? How often did I long to live in a place where even the grocery store was different, so that simple daily tasks would be fresh and new?

Bienvenidos a Madrid kaystir.




No comments:

Post a Comment